Expats Over 60 Years Old Can Now Transfer to the Private Sector

PAM will allow expatriates over 60 years old to transfer their residency permits to the private sector.

  • Publish date: Thursday، 09 March 2023
Expats Over 60 Years Old Can Now Transfer to the Private Sector
The Public Authority for Manpower (PAM) updated the rules governing the residency of expatriates over 60 years old on Wednesday, so if they have a higher secondary degree or lower, they can transfer their residence permits to the private sector. 
This amendment follows the regulation implemented last year, which allowed over 60-year-old expatriates to renew their residence permits against the payment of a KD 250 annual fee and a comprehensive insurance from authorized insurers. Initially, there was a total ban on the renewal of these expats' residence permits. 
The PAM made the new regulation effective from March 9th. The amendment allows over 60 years old expats who work in government sectors and state-owned enterprises to transfer their residence permits to the private sector. This regulation also applies to expats aged over 60 years old who are on dependent visas, and those who are partners or investors in commercial or industrial activity. 
Expats who are over 60 years old and have a self-sponsored residency can also transfer their residency to the private sector, according to Article 24 of the new regulation. 
Follow us on our Whatsapp channel for latest news